Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Introduction.....

I'm really sleepy today.... I had quite the night last night. I laid in bed talking to myself, very quietly of course...haha.... What started the dialogue was the thought... if I were to introduce God to someone in hopes they would know Him based on who I know Him to be, what would I say. What words do you put to a being that encompasses every thread of your whole thought process past, present and future. Success, failure, joy, pain, and hope are all touch by His presence in my life.

Hello I'm Joy nice to meet you and this is...... my everything. Sounds vast but very true...

Or hello I'm Joy and this is my best friend.... sounds good but He's so much more.

So this was my night... I tossed and turned, it was sorta fun to playfully talk to God recounting all we've been through together and all our dreams for the future. I sensed Him in such a sweet way. I just remind Him that He created me so I hope He enjoys me!

Back to introductions okay here's another.... Hello I'm Joy and this is the Great Architect... He designed us, as well as the heavens and the earth, the steps of my life and plans for my future!

The truth is that I could stay up every night for the rest of my nights and still there would be no end to His presence in my life. There would be no space of time that He got annoyed and took a breather from me. In all my immaturity, unfaithfulness, impatience, mistrust,He never went to another room to cool off. He never said your a hopeless case. Even when all the evidence seemed stacked against me. He is not a God to be put in a box. We cannot make Him into what we desire Him to be for our lifestyle convenience. He is holy, this will not change because we want to behave unholy, just look at the old testament (yikes)however He is patient and compassionate and will work alongside of us. In the book of John if you note 3:17 it says that Jesus didn't come to condemn the world but he came so that through Him we might be saved.

So I could say Hello I'm Joy and this is Saviour.... for truly I'm so bound to Him I think I would loose the ability to breathe without Him.... it started the day I laid myself before Him and said I'm yours forever but I love that salvation happens everyday. I'm not weak... because I live inside of His strength!

There is no one like the Lord. That is the truth. We can love our husbands, wives, children, mothers, fathers, friends, churches, and jobs but I want to say there's no relationship that can satisfy like that with your God! He knows you like no human ever has or ever will. We are complex people with a God who is complex enough to go to our deep places with us. Infact when you get so excited you feel that you could burst... He's the only one to experience it to that same degree. He loves you... Jesus proves it! So if by some chance you've made it through this maze of words I seemed to throw onto this page and yet you haven't known Him for yourself.... my I introduce you ~

No comments:

Post a Comment